Collyer's "Disease" -- Why it pays to toss stuff out

Canadian man rescued after being pinned under debris in junk-filled home
Fox News
January 15, 2013

Associated Press, Burnaby, British Columbia – A Canadian man in his 70s was severely dehydrated after being pinned for several days under debris in his home that had piled up almost to the ceiling. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Tuesday a man called to report that he had not seen his friend in several days.

Police found the doorway and halls of the suburban Vancouver home so choked with junk that the fire department was called to clear a path inside. Crews had to break down the door and chainsaw through garbage to reach the man. Police say there was no heat and electricity, and the man was severely dehydrated. He is being treated for possible circulation problems.